Pacific Practice Management (PPM) is passionate about helping physicians and other healthcare providers. Our goal is to become your trusted partner in fulfilling all your management needs and are committed to the financial prosperity of our clients. Our clients receive expert-level services for the vast array of complicated requisites essential to operate a successful medical practice; services which include medical coding and billing, transcription, credentialing, HIPAA, MIPS, Electronic Medical Records (EMR), accounting and financial planning, IT cloud and back-up services, etc. PPM takes the burden off physicians and their medical staff so that they can focus on what they do best: providing excellent patient care. PPM can customize services for each client and can handle both small, one-time-only projects or large, ongoing support and maintenance. The bottom line is: PPM’s methods consistently exceed client objectives with enhanced revenue cycle processing, sound financial planning, and superior business operations all contributing to improved practice efficiency and maximized profitability.
In pursuit of this Mission, Pacific Practice Management adheres to the following set of core values:
- Honesty and Integrity are at the core of everything we do, in every decision we make and every task that we complete. Both these attributes are held in the highest regard at PPM and always guide us to “Do the Right Thing.”
- Constant Focus on Quality is paramount to PPM. We strive for excellence and are dedicated to delivering value and the highest quality products and services.
- Provide Professional and Technical Excellence to our clients. We keep current on industry trends and issues and provide systematic staff training to ensure that we deliver on this core value.
- Respect for our Clients, Partners, Vendors, Subcontractors and Employees. Treating others with respect allows us to demonstrate the professionalism that is expected by co-workers and clients. Respect helps to facilitate and encourage a cooperative, collaborative team environment necessary to facilitate excellent service to our clients.
- Cultivate Long-Term Relationships with our Clients. We strive to be our clients’ most trusted provider of management services by consistently exceeding their expectations and bringing maximum value to each client relationship.
Meet PPM’s Founder
Karen Willis is the Principal and Founder of Pacific Practice Management with more than 25 years of executive business, management, and financial experience across a variety of industries, most recently supporting healthcare organizations. Karen is recognized for her unique, results-oriented leadership style and consistently delivers outstanding returns for clients while simultaneously stabilizing and ultimately improving operations. Karen has served in a variety of executive leadership consulting roles over the past decade advising clients in achieving their specific goals. Karen has designed and implemented many programs to generate operational efficiencies improving profit, strengthening balance sheet results, protecting assets and optimizing cash flow.
Prior to consulting, Karen served as SVP of Finance and Chief Financial Officer for three Bank of America subsidiaries. When BOA acquired Countrywide, Karen was a key leader in the Mortgage Servicing division, providing executive-level expertise in financial management, M&A due diligence, and SEC compliance to help ensure firm’s strong operational performance despite declining economies. Prior to BofA, Karen was a vital member of the finance team when Medtronic acquired MiniMed for $3.7 billion. Karen assisted with the global integration of this merger and successfully achieved all assigned ROCS (Revenue opportunity and Cost Savings) objectives.
Karen became interested in healthcare management after she donated her kidney in 2012. As an anonymous donor, her experience was recorded in the documentary The Chain (www.thechain.org). Karen remains an avid supporter of The National Kidney Foundation and UCLA Medical Center.
Karen earned her BA from Smith College and MBA from New York University’s Stern Business school. Karen has also achieved certifications in both Practice Management (CPM) and Medical Billing (CMB).
Proven Track Record
Here are examples of some successful assignments performed for past clients:
- Tracked and submitted MIPS (Medicare Merit-Based Incentive Payment System) to CMS including preparing an annual Security Risk Analysis. Successfully attested for Meaningful Use and/or MIPS for 4 straight years with 100% compliance.
- Developed and implemented HIPAA policy and methodology for tracking all requirements and trained staff to ensure compliance.
- Set up the accounting system and trained client’s bookkeeper for new businesses. Designed customized financial reports as per the clients’ request. Renegotiated more favorable vendor contracts saving client 22% on operating costs.
- Implemented a new employee handbook, provided advice on performance reviews, improved benefit offerings with minimal additional cost, assisted with hiring, performance improvement plans, staff development resulting in 18% reduction in staff turnover. In addition, implemented staff training programs to fulfill compliance for OSHA, HIPAA, AAAHC and CA requirements.
- Developed strategies to augment/add synergistic product lines or services including adding Durable Medical Equipment (DME) product as a new revenue stream.
- Led a construction project to build a $2.0M Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) including negotiating the lease, hiring the contractor/architect, obtain financing, managing all change orders, budgeting and payments, purchasing all equipment, etc. Prepared the ROI presentation for clients to solicit investors.
- Performed all administrative tasks to open a new business entity including obtaining NPI and business licenses, set up the books and records, obtained payer contracts, and led the medical staff in credentialing tasks, developing policies and procedures, quality initiatives, and achieved highest-level accreditation from AAAHC, etc.